There goes the rotund one!!!

A few days back, I couldn’t believe my ears when my father uttered the most beautiful phrase, “ Munmun Beta, you have lost a few pounds!!!” These words are elixir to my grief-stricken heart, a resultant of my rotund shape…LOLZ!!!

I cannot recall the last time when somebody has NOT commented on the additional pounds on fat I carry around my waist and my compounding weight problems have given me tremors down the years. From the past one decade, I have been failing consistently in keeping with my New Year resolution to lose some weight, the momentum falling flat with each passing day. In fact, I fell in love with CBSE Boards not only because I had performed well in my examinations but more because I could pump out maximum kilos miraculously during those stressful months. Trust me; I loved my ‘emaciated ‘look then!!!

Seriously, I had been rechristened “The girl with Size O “(O representing round and not zero, unfortunately) by my dear (???) friends lately. In fact, silly jokes like “We would need two tickets for Munmun”, “Look, a pothole!!! Did you fall (thump!!!) there, Mun!!!”, “Looking forward to see you in size zero”, “There goes the pregnant lady!!”; “You surely do love food!!!” fall flat and fail to entertain me anymore. They are passé. Yes people, I am a thick-skinned girl and these comments could never ever motivate me and I enjoyed them as if they were being darted on some other person. Even some blood- boiling insults hurled on me, like “Don’t wear my clothes else they would become too loose to fit me well”, some pseudo- hopeful sentences like “Sweety, I would like you more if you lose some weight “and some condescending ones like “You know, you are a little fat but I still love you because I do not go by looks”( In other words, Darling, I am a good Samaritan” ) could not make me step inside a gymnasium, the holy place for weight loss!!! Neither could comments like “Don’t you think this dress is a little tight for you…Kuch kar…Kuch kar” and “Beta lose some weight…Baad mein ladka nahin milega tumko.”

Once a salesman went, “HOHOHO….Mam, jeans of that size for women is not available so easily”, as I sweated profusely on trying several pairs of jeans, but in vain, making me glare at him with disgust and walking out of the store with a resolution to lose weight tremendously. Of course, every resolution vanished into thin air as I finally laid my hands on a suitable pair in the store next door. Hoho!!

Of course, this weight problem is not much of a ‘ turmoil’ for me as long as there’s enough space on my bed to toss and turn, the chair is wide enough to make sure that I don’t get stuck and my newly- found singlehood doesn’t leave me frenzied and emotionally broken… After all, 63 kgs is not all that I have acquired in the past 23 years. There’s more to me and my life than this weight problem. A girl does reside within me who’s beautiful in every sense, who’s sensitive, caring, and confident and who has more to do in life than worry unnecessarily about the lack of beauty assets. Maybe some losers fail to decipher this fact. And I am in no mood to justify my predicament to them.

Comments

traveler said…
hey mun.... really happy to see ur posts... an easy way to saty updated with u...

keep posting em....

as u know its v hard for me to read but i am trying...

:)

Popular Posts